Previous page: Brodies Close
Reached either by James's Court or Wardrop's Court, is a mansion known as Lady stair's House. Built in 1622 by Sir William Gray of Pittendrum, whose initials, together with those of his wife, are above the doorway, the mansion was restored and presented to the city by Lord Rosebery. It is now the site of the Scottish Writers' Museum which celebrates the lives of three writers who lived in Edinburgh: Sir Walter Scott, Robert Louis Stevenson, and Robert Burns.
Next page: The Old Tolbooth